Explore the Mysteries of San Jose
It's no mystery! SERVPRO can handle all of your storm damage.
San Jose Is More Than Just Silicon Valley
San Jose is well known as the heart of Silicon Valley and enjoys its association with the tech industry. With a population of 1,021,795, San Jose is the most populous city in the north of California and the state's third-biggest city overall.
San Jose is one of the USA's wealthiest cities and has a reputation for luxury and fine living. With its warm climate, reputation for innovation, and more millionaires per capita than anywhere else in the USA, it is no wonder San Jose is known for its high living standards. Multiple famous tech companies are headquartered here, including eBay, Samsung, Zoom, Hewlett Packard, Cisco Systems, and PayPal.
However, there is more to San Jose than microchips and computers. The area also enjoys plenty of weird and wonderful attractions that will appeal to everyone from history buffs to ghost hunters.
No Visit to San Jose Is Complete Without A Stop At The Winchester Mystery House
The Winchester Mystery House is unquestionable one of the oddest sites not just in San Jose but in all of California. It might even be one of the strangest visitor attractions in the whole country.
The Winchester Mystery House must be seen to be believed. This enormous, rambling home spans an impressive 24,000 square feet. It cost a whopping $5 million to build between 1886 - 1922, making it worth around $71 million today.
However, it is not the size or the price that draws visitors to the Winchester Mystery House, but its strange origin story. Its sole occupant (apart from the household staff) was Sarah Winchester, the widow of William Wirt Winchester and heir to much of the Winchester Repeating Arms fortune.
Sarah designed the house and oversaw every aspect of its construction. Rumor has it that after W W Winchester died, a psychic told Sarah she must build a place to bring peace to the souls of those who were killed by Winchester rifles. No one is positive if this is true, but we do know one fascinating thing: Sarah employed architects to work on the house around the clock for almost 40 years.
The house is filled with strange architecture (including doors that open to reveal brick walls and one that opens onto a sheer drop to the courtyard below) and beautiful Tiffany glass pieces. Visitors can:
- Explore a house with 10,000 windows, 2000 doors, 47 staircases, 13 bathrooms, and six kitchens.
- Walk the rambling gardens filled with trees, statues, and over 10,000 box hedges.
- See the history of Winchester goods in the Antique Goods Museum, which includes a wide range of Winchester products and marketing materials.
- Visit the old stables and try their hand at ax throwing.
The attention to detail in the Winchester Mystery House is staggering. Sarah designed and oversaw its building despite having no master plan nor any experience in building houses. Most of the house is of redwood construction, but because Mrs. Winchester did not like Redwood's look, her builders had to apply a fake grain and stain to each plank before adding it to the building!
Weird and Wonderful Attractions Abound In San Jose
The Winchester Mystery House is undeniable one of the best-known and unusual attractions in San Jose, but the area is not short of other out of the ordinary things to see and do:
- If you are feeling adventurous, walk or mountain bike to Drawbridge, San Jose's ghost town. The site was formerly known as Saline City and was built at the end of the 19th century. The town, although abandoned for over three decades, is gradually sinking into the marshland where it was founded. The last two miles are along train tracks on private property, so we recommend stopping nearby and admiring it from a respectful distance.
- The mysterious Rosicrucian Order founded the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. It features the biggest exhibition of mummies and Egyptian artifacts on the West Coast. The museum has been around since 1928 and is conveniently located in the heart of downtown San Jose. The building is next door to the Rosicrucian headquarters and peace garden and features a planetarium and research library.
- If you've ever fancied getting up close with a mammoth, come and visit Lupe The Mammoth. Lupe is a life-sized mammoth sculpture that commemorates an unusual discovery. In 2005 a dog walker by the Guadalupe River discovered the bones of a juvenile Columbian mammoth. The best way to reach Lupe is by walking or biking the trails beside the Guadalupe River.
- If you've ever speculated what it would be like to live in a giant's world, come and visit Monopoly in the Park. This giant Monopoly board is situated in Discovery Meadow and covers 900 square feet. The board was first made in 1992 for the San Francisco Landscape and Design Show. You are free to walk around the vast granite squares any time, but you can also book the board for a real-life Monopoly game, complete with hats that resemble playing pieces.
SERVPRO Does Not Let Flood Damage Stop The Fun In San Jose
Although San Jose has a pleasant climate, it is not immune to storms and flooding.
In 2017, San Jose suffered severe flooding, with officials concerned about the potential for damage around the Coyote Creek area. Thankfully no lives were lost, but the incident reminded San Jose residents that flooding could strike even here.
Flood damage is very concerning for residents. Water has the potential to soak into carpets and drapes, baseboards, and even plaster and insulation. Once water saturates a material, there is a risk of mold damage, water damage, color bleeding on fabrics, and structural damage to the building.
Flood damage cleanup is made more complicated if there is sewage, chemicals, bacteria, or other dangerous materials in the water. That is why SERVPRO trains our technicians to assess each situation and take appropriate health and safety precautions. We provide our teams with safety equipment, including:
- Tyvek Suits
- Breathing apparatus
- Long gloves
- Hard hats and boots
We will advise you on which items we can save and which you should toss. We can also help with disinfection, antimicrobial treatments, and deodorization.
For a safety-conscious flood damage cleanup service, call SERVPRO of NE San Jose at (408) 834-7663.
Join Other Residents of San Jose for A Trade Show
SERVPRO of NE San Jose loves fresh produce, and going out and supporting the locals.
San Jose Residents Can Get Deals on Fresh Farm Supplies at the Downtown Farmers Market
With the pandemic scare worldwide, it has been a challenge to get fresh veggies and fruits. Thankfully, the residents of San Jose and its surroundings now have an opportunity to grab fresh supplies from the Downtown Farmers Market. The trade show takes place on 20th of November from 10 AM to 11 AM for people with health issues and seniors. All other shoppers are welcome from 11 AM to 2 PM. The attendees can expect good deals on products such as:
- Fresh vegetables and fruits
- Pre-packaged foods
- Hot food from different ethnic cultures
For the remaining season, the artisan vendors can continue to sell products at the market. Farmer's Markets are essential, especially during this COVID-19 period. San Jose Downtown Association encourages all in attendance to wear masks to help fight the pandemic.
SERVPRO of NE San Jose is welcoming you to the trade show at Downtown Farmers Market. If you need fire debris removal in your San Jose home after a fire, call our fire remediation experts at (408) 834-7663 for efficient restoration, “Like it never even happened.”
Why is thorough Water Extraction Vital after a Leak or Flood?
Our SERVPRO team is standing by waiting to help with your San Jose water damage.
San Jose Residents need Water Extraction from Knowledgeable Professionals
Many San Jose residents recall the terrible floods of 2017. Storms and burst dams and rivers can wreak havoc on your home. On a less dramatic scale, burst pipes, plumbing leaks, and malfunctioning appliances can all deposit water in your home and leave you with a mess to clean up.
The first step of cleaning up after a flood or leak in your San Jose home is water extraction. Extraction is a critical step that makes a massive difference to the outcome of remediation. That is why it is vital to work with a company like SERVPRO of NE San Jose that understands the importance of thorough extraction.
Why is water extraction so necessary?
The eventual aim of water damage remediation is to leave your home dry and clean “Like it never even happened.” We may need to carry out structural repairs and clean and disinfect water-damaged personal belongings along the way. We might even need to sub-contract plumbers, decorators, or electricians in more severe cases. But before we can think about drying, we need to carry out extraction, which means removing all standing water from the floor of your property. Extraction is vital because:
- It makes the drying process quicker and easier
- It helps prevent mold growth – mold loves moisture, so we must get rid of all water after a flood
- If done quickly, it can prevent carpet delamination (this depends on the severity and the type of water)
- Removing water quickly can protect wooden floors from permanent damage
What is the extraction process?
Extraction starts with using pumps and vacs to remove all standing water from your home’s floors. After removing standing water, we use a variety of extraction tools to press excess water from carpets.
How do we decide which pump to use?
We equip our technicians with a range of pumps. Electrical submersible pumps are the best all-around pump. They operate quietly and come in various sizes and power levels, from small portable units to large truck-mounted assemblies. However, if the conditions are not right for an electric submersible, we will use a high-pressure or self-priming trash pump instead. The right choice depends on a variety of factors, including:
- Whether the water also contains solid matter - if it does, we need a self-priming trash pump
- How much water we need to remove and how fast – for this, we must consider the flow rate and time requirement of each pump
- The hose length we will need to reach the water
- The vertical distance water must go to reach the pump – if this is more than 25 feet, we need a high-pressure pump
Why does carpet extraction matter, and how do we do it?
Carpets can quickly become water-logged. Once a carpet is wet, there is a risk of delamination (separation of secondary and primary backing). There is also the potential for mold growth – mold can cause health effects, and it can ruin your carpet. Wet carpets also increase the overall moisture of the room, which makes drying slower.
Thankfully SERVPRO technicians know how to extract water from the carpet. If extraction is too rough, it can cause further damage, which is why we train our technicians in the best extraction techniques. Extraction equipment includes:
- Self-propelled extraction tools which use a small motor to run them over the surface of the carpet – they are designed to be “ridden” by technicians to provide extra weight
- Stationary tools are available in a range of sizes – they rely on the weight of the remediation technician to press out water
- Carpet wands for vacuuming water from glue-down carpets – we can also use these to remove surface water after using larger extraction tools
Extraction tools are attached to a pump, so the water gets pumped away as the device presses it from the carpet and pad.
What is hidden water and why does it matter?
Water can soak under carpets to the floor beneath or into building elements such as baseboards, plaster, drywall, and insulation. Hidden moisture can cause structural defects and provide a breeding ground for mold. It is essential to work with a water remediation company that understands the dangers of hidden water and monitors the area to find it. Our technicians use moisture probes and meters, thermal imaging, and thermo-hygrometers to monitor moisture and humidity and seek out hidden water.
How do you know SERVPRO is the best choice for extraction?
We train our technicians to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards, so you can rest assured that they know the best extraction techniques. We are committed to swift action, so there is less risk of mold growth and structural damage. Plus, you can rely on our team to dry your home after extraction and deodorize it, so it is fresh.
For water extraction that works, call SERVPRO of NE San Jose at (408) 834-7663.
What Can Business Owners Expect From Mold Remediation?
You can rely on SERVPRO's experienced technicians to take care of your mold damage.
No Hype -- SERVPRO Offers a Solid Plan to Businesses Needing Mold Remediation in San Jose.
Mold damage in commercial property spaces can make San Jose specialty food grocery owners nervous and embarrassed. Relax a bit by knowing that mold growth hotspots do not mean your cleaning crew is not doing its job. Mold damage also rarely links to carelessness in stock rotation or other inventory decisions. Problematic mold growth results from one thing -- excessive moisture. We can help find, mitigate, and remediate the water damage. We are also mold remediation experts, able to halt the current mold proliferation and inhibit future growth.
Can Remediators Promise to Remove Mold Entirely?
We are precise in our services' characterization, offering mold remediation for San Jose commercial spaces, not mold elimination. Elimination of all active mold growth and spores is not attainable without crushing and ongoing expense. Molds are everywhere in both the outdoor and indoor environments. Most of the time, mold spores cause little concern because they remain dry. Water is essential for mold growth, so if we can help you manage the moisture, the mold problem slows and stops.
How Do Mold Remediators Reach Their Goals?
SERVPRO mold remediation technicians follow the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) protocol for schools and commercial buildings.
We rely on business owners to direct us to the visible outbreak or the characteristic musty smell of multiplying mold. Testing is available, but often unnecessary and expensive.
Our technicians wrap the affected area in 1.6 mil polyethylene, using plastic conduit to build partitions if needed. SERVPRO negative pressure air scrubbers join the configuration in many cases, sealing off the enclosure and clearing the air of airborne mold residues by forcing air through HEPA filters.
Scraping and brushing mechanically remove the bulk of the mold off non-porous surfaces. Soda or dry ice blasting can remove surface mold and incapacitate the hyphae inside porous materials, avoiding the disruption of removing the building materials.
- Clean Up and Appropriate Disposal
The mold organisms, any porous materials we cannot save, and residues from floors and surfaces are double bagged and disposed of according to local hazardous waste rules.
- Disinfect and Seal Affected Surfaces
EPA-registered antimicrobials inhibit the rebound of mold growth. Proprietary antimicrobial coating can halt further mold development and prepare surfaces for repainting.
The SERVPRO of NE San Jose mold remediation crew is ready to remove the current infestation and help business owners avoid future infection. Call us at (408) 834-7663 for an honest evaluation of your business's circumstances.
Who Can Handle All Aspects of Flood Restoration in San Jose?
Dealing with flood damage can cause a lot of stress. Contact SERVPRO 24/7 for professional remediation and mitigation services in your home.
SERVPRO Handles All Aspects of Flood Restoration from Water Extraction to Sanitizing your Home
Homes in San Jose are susceptible to flood waters by the sheer power of water entering a house when copious rains allow a branch to fall on your roof or break a window. The event doesn’t have to be dramatic for it to damage your home and leave you in need of a professional team to look at all its consequences.Instead of guessing how far the water is seeping into your home, let an expert team use advanced technology to determine the damage.
Flood damage in a San Jose home is where our SERVPRO team performs at its best. Not only do we train with industry experts, but we also have the right equipment to address your home’s needs. Restoration after flood water enters your home goes beyond water extraction and includes disinfecting affected areas to prevent bacteria's growth, such as mold. When you call our 24/7 line, you can rely on our expertise to be thorough in returning the home to pre-flood conditions.
Is water extraction enough to protect a home after a flood?
Water extraction and humidity control are essential to the restoration process, but there’s much more to it than meets the eye. As our SERVPRO team sets up equipment, including pumps of various strengths, we also look to where water damage could be hiding. Your home’s attic, for example, is of great concern.
When water seeps through the roof, it can wet the attic and any insulation inside it. In most cases, we remove the insulation and coordinate for it to be replenished to eliminate any conditions suitable to bacteria's growth. Other services we may coordinate include:
- Drywall removal and replacement
- Packing and move-out of items to be cleaned in a remote location
- Document and electronics drying
- Carpet removal and replacement
SERVPRO of NE San Jose is your all-encompassing resource when disaster strikes. When you call our team at (408) 834-7663, you access expertise and a proven track record all put to work to leave your home, “Like it never even happened.”
Click here for more information about San Jose.
Why Do Soot and Smoke Residues Cling to Surfaces in your San Jose home?
If you are unsure of how to restore your home following a house fire. Contact SERVPRO of NE San Jose at (408) 834-7663.
Fire Damage Can Lead to Odor and Soiling in your San Jose home. SERVPRO has Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FRST) to Return your Home to its Pre-loss Content.
Does fire produce different types of smoke?
A housefire in your San Jose home can produce different types of soot or residues in the property. The kind of deposition can be influenced by many factors, including the contents of the materials that burn. For example, a kitchen fire is likely to produce protein-based soot deposits due to the burning of animal fats. These protein deposits differ significantly to wood-based soots and require a different method to clean. Understanding the different types of smoke deposits in your home is vital to cleaning them and ensuring that further damage is avoided; introducing water to some smoke residues can lead them to bleed, spread, or bond with surfaces. SERVPRO technicians are trained to recognize the different types of smoke and how best to clean them.
What are the different types of smoke residue?
- Dry smoke residues usually produced by natural materials
- Protein residues from animal fats
- Wet smoke which can occur with the burning of synthetic materials
- Fuel oil smoke residues, which commonly occur with furnace puff back
Are some smoke residues easier to clean than others?
The cleaning methods for fire damage in your San Jose home can change from residue to residue. Generally speaking, dry smoke residues require less cleaning effort, aggression, and planning than other smoke residue types. Dry rarely smokes bond with surfaces, except in high-pressure fires, and can therefore be removed with sponges or light-vacuuming. Introducing water to dry smoke can cause further harm. Wet smokes are typically tougher to clean because they contain more aerosols like varnish, solvent, fuel oil, among other liquid parts. These residues require extensive pre-testing and often using oil-based solvents to suspend and remove them from surfaces.
What influences whether smoke is wet or dry?
- The speed that materials burn
- How much oxygen is present during the fire
- The composition of the combusting material
If you are unsure of how to restore your home following a house fire. Contact SERVPRO of NE San Jose at (408) 834-7663.
What Is the Difference Between Water Damage Mitigation and Restoration?
Romeo is starting his extensive SERVPRO training at an early age to help mitigate water damage in your San Jose property. We plan and execute!
San Jose Remediation Companies Define Water Damage Mitigation as Actions Taken to Lessen the Severity of Water-Related Damage, Whereas Restoration Involves Repairing Things to Their Pre-Loss State.
Water leaks, whenever they occur, are unexpected nuisances for San Jose homeowners that vary greatly in severity. Some result from catastrophic pipe or container ruptures, appliance malfunctions, or roof failures, while others, like slow pipe drips, are much more insidious and capable of quietly doing extensive damage over time. The keys to protecting your home from these costly dangers are keeping your eyes open for the subtle signs of leaks, having your house periodically inspected for them, and having any found repaired as quickly as possible. The goal of all these efforts is to mitigate, or limit, water damage and lessen your need for expensive restoration services.
Is There Anything I Can Do to Limit the Effects of a Water Event on My Property?
San Jose water damage mitigation service SERVPRO believes there are some things you can do to reduce the ultimate effects of a water-related event. Considering this, we offer you the following simple suggestions for minimizing the overall impact of a leak on your home and its contents:
- If possible, find the origin of the leak and stop it
- Turn off circuit breakers that supply power to the parts of your home impacted by water
- If the water event occurs during warmer months, turn on your home’s air conditioner to help dry out the interior of your house
- Help prevent carpet staining by putting aluminum foil under the legs of wooden furniture
- Remove valuable and moisture-sensitive objects from your home that are easily damaged or that could stain flooring
- Safeguard curtains and other fabrics by raising them up off wet floors
- Contact professional water damage remediators as soon as possible to your limit losses and make restoration efforts less necessary
If you take some of these measures, you are likelier to lower your service expenses, substantially decrease your losses, and reduce your recovery time. However, with that said, there are no guarantees when it comes to water leaks and the trouble they cause.
What Do SERVPRO’s Water Damage Mitigation Efforts Involve?
When SERVPRO technicians work to lessen the impact of your water event, they take certain time-tested steps. These measures, among other things, serve to limit the amount of moisture structural elements and household contents absorb, facilitate more rapid drying, slow microbial growth, and prevent water-related discoloration and staining. Some of the mitigation actions we take to do all this include:
- Rapidly removing any standing water with industrial-strength extractors and wet vacs, thereby minimizing the time surfaces and objects are in contact with water
- Blocking furniture or moving it to our warehouse to safeguard it from suffering further water damage
- Tenting couch cushions in a dry area to facilitate the drying process
- Taping metallic zippers and buttons on wet upholstery to prevent rusting and fabric staining
- Setting up air mover-dehumidifier-Injecti-dry system networks to dry out your home’s interiors, as well as hidden spaces behind structural elements
- Disinfecting and deodorizing impacted materials with state-of-the-art foggers to prevent or hinder the growth of damaging microbes and neutralize their persistent unpleasant odors
In doing all of these things, SERVPRO is often able to prevent further structural injuries and content deterioration, as well as eliminate the sickening smells of water damage.
What Could Happen If Mitigation Work is Performed Ineffectively?
There are many reasons why it is crucial that you hire a good, reputable water damage mitigation service to work on your house. These relate to protecting the overall structural integrity and livability of your home, avoiding total losses, securing valuable or irreplaceable possessions, and time and money savings. A few of the specific reasons you certainly want to enlist the help of a high-quality service like SERVPRO to do your mitigation work are:
- Highly trained and experienced remediation companies generally get your job done faster and complete it right the first time
- The speed at which a service can perform its mitigation efforts largely determines how much can be saved and the ultimate cost of your water event
- Lower quality services usually do not have all the equipment necessary to successfully complete your job; cutting edge equipment is often needed to locate and deal with water/moisture in hidden/difficult-to-access areas
- If not effectively eradicated, microorganisms associated with water damage could discolor and stain surfaces, cause unbearably bad smells, and even cause wooden materials to disintegrate over time
- Work performed poorly the first time, costs you additional time and money and reduces your odds of successful restorations
So, while higher quality services usually cost more, they are generally worth the extra expense in the long run. This is because skilled and experienced companies like SERVPRO pride themselves on their ability to exceed their customers’ expectations.
With all that said, remember that if you ever need assistance dealing with a water leak or other water-related issue, your dedicated neighbors at SERVPRO of NE San Jose are here to help. Call us anytime at (408) 834-7663.
Can Dripping Water Stain Carpets?
SERVPRO has the experienced technicians with the equipment and expertise your home needs after a water catastrophe. Give us a call right away.
Leaks in the Home Can Stain or Soil Carpets or Other Textiles. SERVPRO Water Damage Restoration Technicians Can Perform Expert Spot and Stain Removal in your San Jose Home.
How does water cause carpet stains?
A water leak traveling through your San Jose home floors can pick up bacteria, microbes, or other soils along the way. Typically, dripping water occurs beneath wet-rooms and is usually due to worn away sealant or tiling in the wet room. A leaky ceiling can create damp patches on carpets, becoming hotbeds for microbial bacteria or mold growth. When restoring a property, SERVPRO technicians can carry out spot and stain removal on affected materials like carpets. While the process of removing stains is more complicated than a regular cleaning, it is possible to carry out without harming the textile or carpet.
What are the types of damage to textiles?
- Soil which refers to a foreign substance on the textile
- Spot, which is when substances bond with fibers, for example, gum.
- Stains which can affect the color of the textile
Is discoloration a risk with spot and stain cleaning?
When performing water damage restoration in your San Jose, our goal is to return the property to a preloss condition. Cleaning a specific area can affect the uniformity of the textile all together. Typically, discoloration occurs when strong alkalines or bleaches are used in spot removal. SERVPRO technicians can pre-test chemicals on carpets to understand how coloration is affected. Often water-mark discoloration can be returned simply by cleaning the carpet thoroughly. This process can restore a uniform appearance to textiles that may be damaged by a water leak.
What considerations should be made for spot removal?
- The type of stain, spot or soil
- Determining the type of fiber in the carpet
- Burn tests for carpets before introducing solvents
Spot and stain removal can help to ensure your home returns to its preloss condition. Contact SERVPRO of NE San Jose at (408) 834-7663 now.
Want to see more about San Jose?
How Can I Get a Toilet Backup Cleaned Quickly in My Commercial Property?
SERVPRO is equipped to handle any water damage emergency you may have.
SERVPRO techs can cleanup any size water damage to your San Jose commercial property
Besides the distinctive odor that can clear a room, a sewage backup in your business property needs fast action to limit the amount of damage. Anything this water seeps into may require disposal as a biohazard. The quicker the cleanup begins, the less time the business needs to stay closed and the less replacement of articles and building materials that needs to happen.
Can Exposure to Commercial Water Damage From a Toilet Backup Be Dangerous?
When commercial water damage in your San Jose property contains sewage, it has the potential to have a host of issues such as
- Harmful bacteria
- Pathogenic elements
- Solid waste matter
All of these things can be harmful to come into contact with or even aspirate. SERVPRO techs wear full-body protective gear to ensure they work safely. For this type of cleanup, the use of containment and negative air setups to port away airborne particulates and improve air quality is standard.
The use of moisture detection equipment is critical with this type of mitigation, as it is vital to locate all paths of water migration within the structure. Because sheetrock wicks moisture so readily, it is not uncommon for the bottom portion of the building materials to require removal after coming in contact with the backup water. SERVPRO techs use their comprehensive training in controlled demolition to cleanly remove the ruined portions. This action also assists with allowing greater airflow into the wall cavities for faster drying.
Disinfection and odor control go hand in hand for this type of restoration service. The techs hand clean surfaces after drying with their professional cleaning agents that include exclusive antibacterial and antimicrobial solutions. When the building reopens for business, there are no traces of what occurred.
When you need commercial water damage cleanup, especially if sewage is involved, contact SERVPRO of NE San Jose at (408) 834-7663. The technicians are available 24/7 to restore your property to its original condition, "Like it never even happened."
More about San Jose.
How Can I Prevent Flooding from Damaging My Home’s Foundation?
SERVPRO says to channel stormwater away from your San Jose home to help prevent flooding problems
Some Tips from SERVPRO to Prevent and Mitigate Storm Damage to Your San Jose Residence
While San Jose residents are careful to prepare for a disaster, they may be surprised at the costs incurred by property and structural losses. Just one inch of floodwater can cause as much as $20,000 in damages, which can entail significant losses that are beyond the scope of consumer-grade products to safely clean, repair, replace, and restore.
SERVPRO technicians are prepared to provide flood damage mitigation for San Jose homes 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) accredited crew closely follows restoration industry best practices with the help of EPA-registered, OSHA-approved sanitation solutions designed to remove microbial growth and bacteria.
Protecting Your Foundation
- Before flooding occurs, consider the grading of your property. Make sure the surrounding land slopes away from the home to prevent water accumulation.
- Measures such as French drains and rain gardens with native, highly absorbent plants can lessen the impact of a flood.
- Make sure your downspouts discharge water at least five to seven feet away from your home.
- Check the foundation periodically for signs of cracks, damage, or chalky efflorescence that can indicate prior exposure to moisture.
- Leave some clearance between plants and other items near your home. Keeping water-exposed foliage and belongings too close to your structure can trap unwanted moisture and create water damage over time.
SERVPRO Technicians Remove Floodwater Quickly
SERVPRO’s flooding extraction tools and techniques focus first on removing solids before eliminating any remaining standing water. Submersible, gas-powered sump pumps, as well as portable and truck-mounted extraction units, are vital to this end. Sanitation is also a key component before drying since flooding often brings in sewage, pests, and chemical runoff that can affect the safety of a structure.
SERVPRO of San Jose provides the community with mitigation and restoration services that are Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (408) 834-7663 to get started.