Are Your Papers Salvageable During Water Removal in San Jose?
SERVPRO Helps San Jose Residents With Water Clean Up
San Jose is a buzzing city right at the heart of Silicon Valley. The Spanish Empire claimed California in 1542. In 1776, King Carlos III sent an expedition to the area and settled on San Jose as an ideal settlement site (along with the San Francisco Bay Area.) San Jose was the first civilian settlement in California. It later became part of the First Mexican Empire before the Conquest of California won it for the United States.
During the Second World War, San Jose became a center of industry and manufacturing. By 1990 it had a greater population than San Francisco. These days San Jose is known for its position in Silicon Valley, its luxury housing, great amenities, and high-class living.
San Jose is Great for Sports Lovers
San Jose is not all about tech and manufacturing. The city also has a lively sports community. You can join with thousands of fellow cheering fans and watch a game or get out of doors and enjoy some leisure time of your own. Some popular sports venues in San Jose include:
- Earthquakes Stadium is home to the Major Soccer League team, the San Jose Earthquakes. While you are enjoying a game, why not visit their outdoor bar for a beverage? It is the largest outdoor bar in North America!
- Excite Ballpark is home to the Minor League Baseball team, the San Jose Giants, and the San Jose State University Spartans College Baseball team. The stadium includes a family fun zone and a BBQ joint.
- The CEFCU Stadium is home to the San Jose State Spartans football team from San Jose State University. The stadium is the San Jose Earthquakes' former home and hosts high school football games and several music events throughout the year.
You can also visit the World of Sports Memorabilia, where you can choose from an exciting range of sports memorabilia. The owners can even frame your memorabilia for an unforgettable keepsake.
Get outdoors in San Jose
Ready to get active? San Jose is excellent for outdoor pursuits:
- Raging Waters offers 23 acres of thrilling water slides and rides, plus a lazy river for when you want to relax in the sun without the thrills and spills.
- Calabazas Park features an unmatched BMX track – the biggest in the Bay Area.
- Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve offers miles of glorious walks through native oak forests and chaparral. You can spot diverse wildlife, including frogs, badgers, foxes, and salamanders.
Is it Possible to Save Paper Products During Water Restoration?
The damage to paper items is one of the most distressing parts of water damage. Photographs, books, letters, and important papers such as insurance documents can all suffer from being waterlogged.
However, do not despair. SERVPRO trains our technicians to handle documents, and in many cases, we can help by:
- Freeze drying documents to prevent further harm.
- Drying out papers with minimum damage.
- Using gamma radiation to disinfect paper products.
- Deodorizing to get rid of unpleasant odors.
We can even help you digitize your documents to keep them safe in the future.
For help restoring your papers and pictures, call SERVPRO of NE San Jose at (408) 834-7663.